Apply Now! 2020 Getty Marrow Undergraduate Internship with East of Borneo
Interested in archives, publishing, and contemporary art? East of Borneo is hiring a part-time, PAID Publications Intern to support the editorial activities of the magazine for a 6-month period from September 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021. The internship will provide training in online publishing, editing, archive management, and non-profit arts administration as well as hands-on experience with social media, marketing initiatives, and design. In addition, the Publications Intern will have the opportunity to work on a guided research project as part of a small editorial team with expertise in art criticism and curatorial research.
This internship position will appeal especially to students with an interest in the application of current technologies to transform the format and interactivity of arts scholarship. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with editorial, grant, and archival research
- Copyediting and proofreading articles using in-house style guide
- Sourcing and selecting images for publication, including rights and clearances
- Uploading and publishing articles to website using custom CMS
- Coordinating order fulfillment and maintaining customer records
- Transcribing and editing artist interviews
- Helping plan and assisting with special events
- Designing publicity, marketing, and web materials and maintaining social media accounts
Part of the Getty Marrow 2020 Undergraduate Internship Program, applicants should be currently enrolled undergraduate students who reside or attend college in L.A. County. Please note that, pending CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19, interested candidates should be able to commit one day per week working on-site in the East of Borneo office at CalArts in Valencia (in addition to some remote hours) for a total of 10-14 hrs/wk.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and 2 letters of recommendation and/or references to Adriana Widdoes at email@example.com by April 28.